My Favorite Things
Updated: Sep 14, 2018
When I find something I like, I continue to buy it and nothing else. Anyone else with me? I honestly get a little scared to try new things because I don't want to be disappointed. But have no fear, I am sharing a few of my all time favorite things with you today. And hopefully they will become your favorite things too. Grab your snacks and some wine because this is a long post.
Lets start off with food. My favorite thing of all time.
1. Trader Joe's Pre-Made Kale Chicken Cesar Salad. As previously mentioned, I am very picky about the way salads are prepared. They easily gross me out so I get pretty excited when I find one that tastes good and looks good. Golf clap for Trader Joe's.
2. Stove Top Popcorn. It doesn't even compare to microwave popcorn. Trust me when I say that you need to get a stove top popper. Use medium heat with enough canola oil to cover the bottom of the popper. Then poor in enough kernels to cover the bottom of the popper. I like to sprinkle a generous amount of seasoning salt and garlic powder but you can use whatever sounds good. I have also used sugar to make a version of "kettle corn" and it's pretty bomb. If using sugar, do not add it in until the very end or else it will burn. After the kernels have popped, pour into a large bowl and top with butter and or seasoning. Go crazy.
3. Silk Soy Vanilla Creamer. I am giving full credit to my friend Karlee for this one. She introduced this to me over a year ago when she was living with my husband and I and I've been hooked ever since. It's dairy free for anyone that prefers that but I really fell in love because it's creamy, not watery and has just enough sweetness. You're welcome.
4. Acrobat Pinot Gris. I fell in love with this wine in Newport at Clear Water restaurant. Maybe it was the romantic setting or the drool worthy seafood, but I was in wine heaven. Depending on the store, it ranges from $9-$12 per bottle. Not too pricey but not too cheap.
5. Trader Joe's Mini Cheese Sandwich Crackers. Don't blame me if you gain 10 pounds from eating the whole box. These are amazing and have way more cheese compared to the Ritz brand. You're welcome.
Next up, beauty. Sorry boys.
1. Batiste Dry Shampoo. I have mentioned this product in a previous post but it's too good not to mention again. It really works and saves me from having to wash my hair everyday.
2. Tweezerman Tweezers. They're a little pricey but so worth it. You will never want to use your old ones again.
3. At home nail shellac kit. This has been so fun to have and gives me the option to have fancy nails whenever I want. It takes me about an hour from start to finish but I get to do it while I'm sitting on the couch binge watching Nashville. That also deserves a golf clap. You can find them on Amazon, Ulta, etc.
4. Gillette Razors. Ladies, you know what I mean when I say that a good razor is hard to find. This brand is technically for men but who cares. They have a lot of razors with at least 4 blades and they last a long time.
1. Espresso Maker. Any type of espresso or nespresso maker will require a good chunk of change up front but it will save you money in the long run. If you are someone that loves your coffee in the morning, then this is a good investment. Especially if you are getting most of your coffee's from local coffee shops. An occasional splurge is always fun, but making your own at home will save you some serious coin.
Movies. My one true love. I can re-watch a movie over and over and still enjoy it just as much as the first time. I love lazy days when I can lay on the couch and watch 4 movies in a row. Don't judge. For all you movie lovers out there, here are a few of my favorites.
1. Forrest Gump: I cry every single time, enough said.
2. Something's Gotta Give: I really can't say enough good things about this movie.
3. It's Complicated: Forever my favorite movie to watch with my mom.
4. How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days: Crawl the warrior King.
5. Pearl Harbor: History and love all in one.
6. To All the Boys I've Loved Before: So freaking cute.
7. The Other Woman: The perfect chick flick, it's hilarious and has a great cast.
8. This Means War: Action for the guys and a cute love story for the ladies.
9. Pretty Woman: It's a classic.
10. The Wedding Planner: Mathew Mcconaughey and J Lo are too good.
I hope you enjoyed this post and fall in love with these products like I have. It feels so good to be blogging again and I can't wait to share my next one with all of you.